The way to do the catalyst maximum active, selective and stable…
An industrial catalyst shall correspond to the following requirements:
- The catalyst should be highly active. The capacity of the catalyst for large-tonnage processes should normally be higher than 20 g/l per hour, otherwise the capacity of facilities must be too much or there must be too many of them. Active catalyst should have a high specific surface area and optimum pore structure as well as necessary chemical composition.
- The catalyst should be highly selective. Otherwise the cost of treatment and manufacturing of finished product increases. 100% selective capacity is preferable but hardly to be achieved. In this case a highly selective catalyst does not require a high specific surface area. Every process requires its own amount of selectivity; this parameter is determined by economic estimations based on the feed cost ratio in the price of a finished product.
- The catalyst should perform sufficient resistance to catalytic poisons. It also is preferable for coke deposit on the catalyst surface to be minimized during the organic reaction process, and to prolong the catalyst performance cycle as much as possible.
- The catalyst should not be too sensitive to overheating during the exothermic reactions. It is important that overheating for 50-100°C above the specified temperature must not lead to irreversible loss of activity.
- Catalyst should be easily reproducible. The whole stock of catalyst and each particular granule in terms of its composition and structure should be homogeneous.
- The catalyst should perform its high crushing strength property. It shouldn’t be crushed under its weight and in case of free falling from the height exceeding the height of a catalytic reactor. The particular granular being at single-point hard pressure can be rather cracked than crushed.
- The catalyst should perform its high attrition resistance property. High requirements of attrition resistance are strictly specified for the catalysts which operate either in circulated bed or in fluid bed.
- The catalyst should not lose activity, selectivity and crushing strength under the processes which affect its surface area.
- Catalyst cycle length should not be too short. Under normal industrial operation the catalyst should not be reloaded more often than once a month.
Manufacturing and process capabilities of KNT Group allow to produce the catalyst which performs a high catalytic activity, selectivity, crushing and attrition resistance, heat resistance, catalytic poison resistance, prolonged active life, capability to regenerate easily providing with an ideal price/quality ratio. Thanks to a perfectly equipped R&D Center the company monitors its product quality, strictly follows all requirements to the catalysts, and carries out pilot tests simulating industrial production processes.